what is the relationship between webroot and fast fix 123?

What is the relationship between webroot and fast fix 123?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi mtbeal

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Please see this article for a response to your question.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome to the Community!

? my good friend beat me to it.  GREAT reply, that is much more informative than my own.  I will leave mine here only as a short summary.

I do not know any details of the relationship between the two, but fastfix123 is what is called a "Managed Services Provider".  That means they provide computer support services to consumers on a contractual basis, and they have a contract with Webroot for the licensing of WSA software as a part of the services they provide.

I hope this helps, even as vaque as it is 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Cool I don't remember that collaboration! ;)

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Daniel, I had only a very vaque memory of a couple posts a month or so back relating to FastFix.  If it was not for that, I would have no clue at all LOL.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Thanx much, an interesting read!
the only reason that I have webroot is that I was blindsided by fastfix123 and literally held hostage until I paid $300 to get my computer back online which then included the webroot protection, supposedly for the life of my computer, and 2 days ago I was called by Don at fastfix who offered to tune up my computer at no charge as if it was already paid for. He led me through the steps for 123 to take over my computer but I was suspicious and asked for a number that I could call if things went wrong, after much hesitation he provided me with a number. While they were in control of my computer I called the number and it was for Quicksilver and I talked to a tech there and he said there was no connection between Quicksilver and 123 and that 123 was out of business.This thing was a scam and it is ongoing,I am surprised to read the information about the relationship between webroot and fastfix 123 as if it is still a viable company. The better business bureau is already aware of this but I think that this should go further in that unknowing people are still being duped by 123 and possibly webroot as well.
Userlevel 7
Hi mtbeal

Sorry to hear of your troubles on this subject. Perhaps our most excellent Community Manager (he who sees and know all that is Webroot...and other things too) ? might be able to give us the official low down on this one as clearly your experiences seem to be at odds with what is being represented in the article, etc.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Let me see what I can find out.
Userlevel 7
Thanks, Nic...as always...much obliged to you for the pick up. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
What is the relationship between webroot and fast fix 123?
We're no longer have a business relationship with them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
the only reason that I have webroot is that I was blindsided by fastfix123 and literally held hostage until I paid $300 to get my computer back online which then included the webroot protection, supposedly for the life of my computer, and 2 days ago I was called by Don at fastfix who offered to tune up my computer at no charge as if it was already paid for. He led me through the steps for 123 to take over my computer but I was suspicious and asked for a number that I could call if things went wrong, after much hesitation he provided me with a number. While they were in control of my computer I called the number and it was for Quicksilver and I talked to a tech there and he said there was no connection between Quicksilver and 123 and that 123 was out of business.This thing was a scam and it is ongoing,I am surprised to read the information about the relationship between webroot and fastfix 123 as if it is still a viable company. The better business bureau is already aware of this but I think that this should go further in that unknowing people are still being duped by 123 and possibly webroot as well.
This sounds like a tech support scammer impersonating fastfix123 in an attempt to trick you out of money.  Similar to how some tech support scammers will say they are from Microsoft in order to sound legitimate.  I'd recommend sending any information you have to the FTC:
http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0346-tech-support-scams
Userlevel 7
?  Sorry to bother you again, but can Webroot have the Web Design team get all of the links related to fastfix123 removed if this relationship has been terminated, or perhaps also add an announcement to that effect?