When I use Firefox as my browser many secondary will not connect

• 7 December 2015
  • 3 replies

When I use my Firefox as browser it often will not re-direct to secondary sites.  Why?

3 replies

Hello ?.

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

That is odd. Do you get any kind of message or error when it redirects to another site? Is Webroot preventing this?

Perhaps you could try uninstalling/re-installing Firefox?

If you could please provide a little more info (error message, OS, what happens exactly) then perhaps we can get to the bottom of this.

Please let us know,

Thanks, bd
The message I get is 'the page isn't directing properly'.  I have thought about uninstalling and re-installling Firefox but would that delete my files such as bookmarks?
@ wrote:
 I have thought about uninstalling and re-installling Firefox but would that delete my files such as bookmarks?

Hi @.

You would need to backup your Firefox profile first. You can find directions how to do that here.

Basically you just need to copy the required folder and then replace that folder back into Firefox after installation.

Please try that and let us know how it goes. I've never encountered 'the page isn't directing properly' error before, perhaps other members have and will chime in and let us know what's worked for them ;)

Sorry I don't have more info on this to help you, but I would try re-installing Firefox first, then we can go from there. :)

Thanks, 
bd