Windows 10 is there any problems with installation and shut down securities on computers

• 28 November 2015
  • 2 replies

is there anyone that has had problems with securities on their computer after installing Windows 10

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi jifgwf1925

Welcome to the Community Forums.

In the overall scheme of things I thin k that it would be fair to say that the roll out of WIndows 10 has been relatively trouble free. Having said that we have heard of some nightmare upgrades, some cases of software being apparently installed by Windows as part of the upgrade, etc. But for the most part that has been for a very, very small minority of those upgrading.

Therefore the best recommnedation is that if at all possible make an image of your system before you upgrade so that should you be unfortunate enough to be one of the very small minority then you can revert to the image and then try again.

In terms of WSA, if it does get uninstalled then it is a very simple matter to reinstall it and in those rare cases where there has been a need to do so it all went very well...no trouble with reinstalling, etc.

EDIT: I should ahve added that there is also the issue that Windows 10 seems to 'phone home' quite a bit more than previous versions of Windows...but that can be easily resolved by either making sure that you follow a manual configuration run at install time or after the event by going through the Settings and switching off the various data gathering options.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Installing Windows 10 ws far less troublesome then getting windows 7 installed ( can't judge about Windows8 as i allways refused to use that one ) but like ? said the "ET phone home" bit from Windows10 is annoying
It has its random features which im sure will be ironed out in one of the next updates so i would seriously consider  it.
And don't worry about WSA as it's fully compatible and by  far the easiest & smoothest running protection solution i've seen 
( believe me as i have tried quite  few before i ended up here )