Windows 10 problem

• 10 October 2015
  • 2 replies

Has web root resolved the problem that it cannot work with windows 10?  Don't want to install it if web root isn't able to integrate wiht win 10.. Thank you

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome to the Community!

One thing is that for a vast majority of users there has not been a problem.  There has, as you know, been an issue with SOME users, though it has seemed to be mostly on new computers that came with Windows 10 preinstalled.  If your Windows 10 was done as an upgrade from Windows 7 or 8, chances are you will not have a problem.

There has not, as far as I know, been an official fix release yet, though Webroot is working on one and I would expect to see it in the very near future.  Perhaps you might wait a week or two and see what the status is at that time?
Userlevel 7
Hi colhol

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just assuage my curiosity here but I am not quite understand exactly what you mean when you say "f web root isn't able to integrate wiht win 10"?

As David has mentioned WSA works out of the box for the very vast majority of users...in the same way that it has worked for Windows 8 & Windows 8.1. And the only difference with Windows 7 is the removal of granularity when it comes to adjusting the outbound connections that WSA monitors...but that has been the case since Windows 8/8.1 was released and is due to the way it allows 3rd party applciations to interact with the built in WIndows Firewall.

Apart from that last nugget WSA integrates flawlessly with Windows 10...unless one is oneof the very unfortunate few that has an issue when upgrading to Windows 10...but I believe that there were more such upgrade issues with Vista & Windows 8 than there have been with the latest (and some say greatest) from Microsoft.

Regards, Baldrick