Alert: ConnectWise Automate Plugin

• 20 June 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
We are aware that the ConnectWise Automate Plugin may be unavailable for some users of version 3.x.

Our teams are working around the clock to understand the cause and provide a solution.

I’ll share additional information here as it becomes available.

Thanks for your patience.

Nick G

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
I wanted to share the ConnectWise Plugin is now fully operational as of 06:00 hrs UTC Thursday 20th June.

Our developers traced the issue to a legacy update notification system which caused the plugin to fail in opening in the UI. However, in the background, the plugin functionality including all monitoring and API communication to and from Webroot operated as normal.

Measures have been put in place to prevent a similar shut down. In subsequent releases, the update notification code will be removed as it is no longer required.

We apologize for any disruption that may have been caused to our partners, and we thank you for your patience during this time.
Userlevel 5
Badge +24

@ngoknel  When opening my Webroot Automate Plugin (3.1.2.161) this morning I received a message that it was not up-to-date and I should download the latest one manually (the link gave me a PDF guide, but that was for the existing .161 that I had).

Is there a new version or beta version of the Automate Plugin I should know about, and is there a link for it?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

No, not yet.  We will be releasing a feature release of the Automate plugin within the next few weeks, but we don’t even have a Beta available yet. 

I’m VERY curious to see the message you’ve received and dig into why you may have received such a message. 

Thanks for raising this!

Nick

Userlevel 5
Badge +24

The only other thing I did today related to Webroot was to install the Reporting beta.  I haven’t run it yet, I was setting up the API login -I went to grab some information from the Webroot plugin.  At the time I opened it, even before going to the settings, it told me.

It has not happened since; I will need to try and replicate it.  When I clicked on one of the links in the message, it brought me to the Automate Plugin documentation for the 3.1.2.161 version hosted online by Webroot.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

After doing some digging, our escalations team suggested the following as a possible explanation for the pop-up. 

“This sounds like the typical pop-up message that would appear upon the first run of the plugin for a user after install or updating.  The user may have already clicked this message on their system but have not run the Control Center as Admin followed by running the Webroot plugin on say their server, triggering the same message to pop-up again.”

Unless we capture the exact messaging or the sequence of events, it’s difficult to know if this is the best explanation for the pop-up.

Thanks again,

Nick