Automate Webroot 3 monitors do not always auto-resolve

• 4 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +24
  • Popular Voice
  • 104 replies
Okay,

I can't be sure of all monitors here, but there are several Connectwise Automate internal monitors created specifically by the Webroot plugin.  They are designated "Webroot 3 <monitor name>".

The Webroot 3 Stale Agents monitor, as I understand it, is supposed to monitor for out of date definitions.  We do get alerts from this monitor, which is listed as running every hour.  However,  I have quite a few instances (I can't say all, but I've confirmed it today that it is happening) where the agents resolve (AV definitions up-to-date) and the alert itself never resolves, but stays open.  This causes a lot of checking of these alerts only to find there is only a problem perhaps 20% of the time (the rest of the time, it has resolved itself), which wastes a lot of time.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue with this Webroot 3 monitor, or any of the other ones?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26
The Stale Agent monitor is an officially supported monitor that gets installed when the plugin is introduced to the Automate server. However, that monitor is not related to "definitions" as A) There are no local definitions and B)It's sole purpose is to determine if the agent on the endpoint is checking in regularly to the Webroot Admin Console.

In the Automate environment, it basically checks "Last Seen" date, which is updated through the pluginS API.  If the agent hasn't been seen in "XX" days, the number value set in the settings, then it will fire this monitor, create a ticket and suggests that a tech should check to see if there's an issue.

FYI... there is also a #webroot channel on LabtechGeek that was just created a few weeks ago, so if this question gets lost in other channels, you can check in there.

Lastly, there are fasle positives with this monitor on occasion for various reasons including Last Seen not getting updated correctly due data latency or the update algorythm getting interupted because of a duplicate or other reason. You can double check with support as well for the latest fix/workaround.

There is an updated plugin coming soon and being worked to fix some of the data refresh issues.

Hope this helps.
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
You're probably best off asking your question on labtechgeek slack as thats where you'll find experienced automate people. (who would have most likely already come across your issue and shared fixes)

https://labtechgeek.slack.com/

Try the webroot channel 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@ wrote:
You're probably best off asking your question on labtechgeek slack as thats where you'll find experienced automate people. (who would have most likely already come across your issue and shared fixes)

https://labtechgeek.slack.com/

Try the webroot channel :)
While I'll definitely do that (I'm on there as well), this was a Webroot plugin-created monitor (it adds with the plugin when you install it) and as such, I would believe it would be supported by Webroot themselves, so I did want to check in.  Also, as this is the actual Connectwise Partners group, I thought this would be the likely place for them to take a look at it.
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
Shane,

Thank you for your response.  In this case, the tickets generated are probably around 3/4 of the time for systems that show they have reported in recently within Automate, so I will definitely open a support ticket.