Migrate existing Webroot client to MSP licensing

Badge +1
We have recently onboarded a client that had Webroot prior to us on SOME of their workstations. No one seems to know where the licenses came from previously (prior IT provider or if they were a direct purchase) or how to access the console to enable us to cleanly uninstall and start from scratch.

We've deployed Automate along with the latest plugin and it has correctly installed Webroot on the workstations that didn't already have it (from before we were involved). Those machines show correctly in our console.

However, short of going through the computer list one by one I'm trying to find a way to determine the workstations that have the client's previous licensing installed so we can move over to our account.

Is there a reg key I can use to determine which are installed using our base key or something similar? Could this redeployment functionality be added to the Plugin in the future? I'm sure the is a pretty common scenario.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
We would recommend that you contact our support team, as they will be able to share the best method for doing this. You can submit a ticket or give them a call at 1-866-254-8400.
Badge +1
We would recommend that you contact our support team, as they will be able to share the best method for doing this. You can submit a ticket or give them a call at 1-866-254-8400.

Started there and within 30 seconds was told nope no idea how to do that and the rep closed the ticket.

Given I'm surely not the first MSP to run into this scenario if it isn't doable then it needs to be.
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
I am sorry to hear that this isn't possible yet. I would suggest you submit this as a feature request so that our product development team can take a look at the idea. Thanks!