Solved

Webroot Plugin 4.0.0.390 for Automate - API disconnects immediately

• 19 December 2022
  • 2 replies

I enter all of the necessary API Authentication info and successfully authenticate.  It shows “Good Connection”.  I go to Clients and none of them show.  Back to Settings and can see the API Authentication has disconnected.

I had this same issue with the Sophos plugin which was fixed by adding the Automate User to the Sophos Groups (Classes) that were created when the Plugin was installed.  There are no groups for the Webroot plugin.  I have given my account access to the Webroot plugin within permissions.  I’ve re-authenticated to Automate with the new permissions, but it continues to behave the same.

What do I need to do to keep the Webroot API connected within the Plugin so that I can work with the tenants?

icon

Best answer by kajwani 30 January 2023, 20:29

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3

Hello,

I am Kanishka Ajwani, I am the product manager for CW Automate - Webroot plugin. I am very sorry to hear that you have been facing this issue. Did you happen to change your credentials from the console? A credentials change may have triggered this unusual behavior. We have improved the authentication mechanism in the new release (4.0.1.401), which will be available at the solution center by Feb 2nd, 2023. Please upgrade to the new version and verify if this issue still persists. 

If you need more assistance, please get in touch with Webroot support. You can also reach me directly for any questions at kajwani@opentext.com.

I enter all of the necessary API Authentication info and successfully authenticate.  It shows “Good Connection”.  I go to Clients and none of them show.  Back to Settings and can see the API Authentication has disconnected.

I had this same issue with the Sophos plugin which was fixed by adding the Automate User to the Sophos Groups (Classes) that were created when the Plugin was installed.  There are no groups for the Webroot plugin.  I have given my account access to the Webroot plugin within permissions.  I’ve re-authenticated to Automate with the new permissions, but it continues to behave the same.

What do I need to do to keep the Webroot API connected within the Plugin so that I can work with the tenants?

I have this exact same issue with 4.0.1.401