This solution addresses Webroot Business - Endpoint Protection
If you use your own deployment methods to deploy the Webroot Business Endpoint Protection agent on endpoints, there are commands are available to pass to the msiexec.exe during installation.
It is possible to use an MSI editor, such as Orca, to add these commands to the MSI file directly. This will prevent users from seeing prompts and enable a silent deployment.
Enables silent, unattended installation that will not require user interaction.
Keycode or license key, enter with or without hyphens
Note: If you don't supply a keycode, installation will continue, but the agent will not properly activate. In this case, the agent must be uninstalled, then re-installed with a valid keycode to function properly.
To prevent the uninstallation of the agent by end users from Add/Remove Programs.
- A value of 1 prevents users from being able to remove via Add/Remove Programs
- A value of 0 allows users to uninstall from Add/Remove Programs
More information on deployment is available in the User Guide.
To modify the MSI file to include these commands without needing user interaction, use an MSI editor and:
- Set the CMDLINE property in the Property table to the appropriate value.
- Set the GUILIC property in the Property table to your keycode.
- Set the ARPNOREMOVE property in the Property table to the appropriate value.