Computer is running slow after Installing Webroot.

• 26 February 2014
  • 6 replies

• Fresh Face
  • 1 reply
Hi,

After deploying webroot agents our customers are reporting systems are running slow. What need to be check from our end?

Thanks,
PR.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
First thing to check is to see if any applications are being monitored.  That can slow things down because it is sandboxing the unknown app and journaling any changes it makes.  To do that, open up the agent and go to Utilities->System Control and click on Start under Control Active Processes.  If anything has the Monitor column checked, then that is a process that our database hasn't seen yet.  If you recognize the process as being a valid business app you use, then you can change it to allow.  Also please contact support if that is the case, so we can get that process whitelisted for everyone and entered in our database.  They'll have you upload your scan logs to review.

If the above doesn't help I'd say go ahead and contact support and they can dig deeper.  Hope that helps!
Thank you NIck, will check if any further issues i will get back toyou.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sure thing - let us know how it goes!
If your using a managed policy can you still make those changes in the agent or is there somewhere in the console you can see this information?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yep, if you go to the Reports tab, there's a report for All Undetermined Software Seen.
I do not understand why my computer is running too slow.  Are there any virsus that are attacking my computer?