Continuing to get sessions timing out on console logins for secureanywhere

console sessions time out sending me back to the login page for secureanywhere and i cant get my work done. this has been a continuing problem for the last 2 months and it seems to me tech support is just skirting the issue. The last response was to tell me to check logging in from outside my network which is just ludicrous. we are not consumers. having doubts about my renewal in May.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
We had some slowdowns a while back, but I thought they had fixed it.  I'll pester some folks here to see what is going on.

Just for grins, does this happen no matter where you log in from (i.e. work, home, Starbucks, etc.)?
Well , i dont have any need to login from somewhere else. The AV and Websecurity clients installed on users machines are not processed outside of the network. It could be tested but would not provide a solution since the HTTP / HTTPS requests are not blocked leaving the network and any device making a request to a given HTTP / HTTPS is going to get routed directly back to the device.
one thought. is it possible that the Websecurity client is causing the grief?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah I just wanted to confirm it was an issue on our end, rather than some connectivity on your network.  If you can just test it out from another network that will give us some data.  I'll let you know when I hear back from the escalations guy on your situation.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
one thought. is it possible that the Websecurity client is causing the grief?
It shouldn't but you could try turning it off temporarily as a test.
i believe its confirmed. Opened connection in IE to https://my.webrootanywhere.com with the DWP active as proxy and within 60 to 120 seconds i received a Session Timed out. Closed the browser set the Internet Options for Proxy as unchecked (did not stop the service) connected with IE to https://my.webrootanywhere.com and worked for 5 minutes without a Session Timed Out.
Re-checked the box for Proxy active, opened IE to https://my.webrootanywhere.com and in less than 120 seconds received Session Timed out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That's good that you've narrowed it down.  If you wouldn't mind could you open a ticket and reference this conversation in it?  That way we can get it documented and escalated.  I believe there are some different proxy servers we can try too - which one are you connecting to right now?  If you haven't tried the newer v5 server then you can put this in for the DWP settings: wss.webroot.com
Been on 5 for a while now and using the wss.webroot.com
Nic, ,they made some kind of changes and wanted me to wait 20 and test.

"Wait about 20 minutes and try again with the proxy on. See if the bypasses we have entered help here.  "

logged on and run for 10 minutes without the Session Timed out message.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That's good - did they switch you back to the old v4 proxy?
only change i saw was to add *.webrootanywhere.com to the bypass.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Oh maybe that is it then - you'd think we already would have had that whitelisted 🙂  
i would have thought that would be processed as a hardcoded bypass for users of both products.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah I'll put that in as a suggestion.