Solved

I quit using Webroot because of DRIVER_IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL. Has this problem been fixed?

• 9 December 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
I removed Webroot from my computer 3 months ago because Windows 10 was crashing with the “DRIVER_IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL (kbdclass.sys)” error message.  I had to reinstall the OS 3 times.  According to my web research the problem is a conflict between Webroot and the Microsoft wireless keyboard driver.  As soon as I removed Webroot the crashes stopped.  Has this problem been fixed in Webroot so it is safe for me to start using it again?  I am afraid to try it because I don’t want to have to reload all the software and files on my computer again.

icon

Best answer by jhartnerd123 9 December 2016, 20:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Hey @

Yes, in the last few builds, the issue has been fixed. If you had of called support in the past, there was actually a registry fix you could have used to avoid any reloading of Windows.

The error was related to Wireless Keyboards/Mice (usually microsofts), whereby the driver for the communication of the keyboard/mouse would exhibit malware like behaviour and the agent would immediately believe it was a keylogger and the identity shield would kick in and mess with the driver, causing the BSOD people experienced.

The fix was to download the registry patch, temporarily remove the usb receiver/keyboard/mouse from the system, plug in a regular keyboard/mouse, boot into windows or safe mode, merge the registry fix, reboot to ensure windows booted. Then turn off, remove the old keyboard/mouse and then plug back in your wireless keyboard/mouse, turn on and you were good to go.

They've now since fixed the issue and with over 5000+ endpoints, I've not heard this issue arise now in several months.

Welcome back bud.

Cheers
John
Nerds On Site
Webroot Ambassador/Product Champion
Badge +1
Thanks much. Will be glad to have Webroot back.