Labtech plugin broken since 3.0 update in Nov 2017

• 22 February 2018
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +16
Anyone else's Labtech plugin been broken since the 3.0 update? 

When we updated the plugin from 2.5 to 3.0, the plugin dashboard showed most agents as "non-GSM" and lacked information for them.  After 3 months working with support on the issue, we're still nowhere, and can't reliably monitor our ~5,000 agents. 

19 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26
@ - there's a maintenance release that is forthcoming. It was slated to be out this week, looks like it's being pushed to next week. I'll ping you when it's ready as it fixes the issues to date.
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
That's good news, thanks!
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
@Heard any news on the ETA for this bugfix?
Userlevel 6
Badge +26
@ - yes, actually, they released an updated set of plugins last week... BUT, still a few lingering issues, so it's back cooking in Dev. This Friday is next release.

We pushed out a direct DLL (Plugin) replacement as Solution Center can/will take some time to get updated.

If you're inclined to run the latest plugin, you can DL it here:
https://download.webroot.com/RMM/LabTech/Webroot-Deploy-Solution_v3-0.zip

If you're on LabTechGeek slack channel, type in !webrootupdate in any channel and slackbot will reply with more details.

But, here's the general process:
Webroot Plugin v3.0x maintenance update. At this time we have been given a build that should assist with the issues taking place. To mplement this build we will have you use your Plugin Manager within your Control Center to update the DLLs in place.

Preparation:
  1. Disable both Webroot Plugins in Plugin Manager
  2. Remove both Plugins within Plugin Manager
  3. Remove all existing Webroot Scripts
  4. Remove all existing Webroot monitors

To update your plugin to the latest version which includes several fixes, please use the steps below:
1. Download the plugin DLLs to the Automate Server.
2. Right-click the DLL files and choose the Properties tab for each.
3. If displayed, choose "Unblock" - if this is not present, proceed to step 4.
4. Within the Plugin Manager select the Webroot plugin DLL in the data grid list.
5. Click Advanced -> Manage Plugins -> Update Plugin -> Select the Webroot.dll file - do not check the box for the Remote Agent.
6. Within the Plugin Manager, now select the Webroot Remote Agent plugin DLL in the data grid list.
7. Click Advanced -> Manage Plugins -> Update Plugin -> Select the Webroot_remote.dll file - you do want to ensure to check the box for the Remote Agent on this file.
8. After you've updated, enter your Plugin Manager and click Advanced -> Reload Plugins -> Reload DBAgent Plugins
9. Wait for the database agent to restart (~60 seconds)
10. Close the Automate Control Center
11. Load the Automate Control Center
12. Open the Plugin Manager and find the Webroot plugin
13. Verify the version is 3.0.1627.46 as well as the DB, IIS and Remote Agent are loaded with green check marks - the Webroot.dll missing the Remote Agent check mark would be expected.
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
@  Thanks for the info, I'll check that out!
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@wrote:
@- there's a maintenance release that is forthcoming. It was slated to be out this week, looks like it's being pushed to next week. I'll ping you when it's ready as it fixes the issues to date.
I would very much like to know this as well.  Thank you.

EDIT:  Have uninstalled the old 3.0 plugin and installed the new one, will update if necessary.  Please let us know of any version updates.  I had similar problems configuring 3.0 originally, so I hope this helps.
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
After updating the plugin according to @'s instructions on Friday, and confirming that the plugins are green on the Plugin Manager board as they should be in the proper areas:
Information on the "Clients", "Computers", and "Locations" areas on the plugin are completely blank.  No information at all.  I f I click "Refresh" , the screen just blinks, and then shows blank again.  Tried re-authenticating in "Settings", did not resolve the issue.

I did restart the Database Manager after the plugin install to ensure that everything loaded properly.

Userlevel 6
Badge +26
If your Control Center client information is blank after updating, there's a chance the DLLs are mixmatched. It's a common CWA client issue. To fix, simply clear the cached DLLs in the c:program dataLabtechPlugins folder. STop and relaunch Control Center and it'll redownload the updated DLLs to work properly with the plugin.
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@ - Thank you, that resolved the issue of the data populating.  However, the client computers are still all showing non-GSM when they definitely are GSM.
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@coscooper In addition with the issue of the plugin still showing that clients are non-GSM when they are, the canned scripts to Webroot can no longer retrieve the Webroot Keycodes when installing the Webroot MSI, and so installing the Webroot endpoint fails.  This is only since updating the plugin.
Userlevel 6
Badge +26
Sorry for delayed response.

My suggestion is to engage support so they can work with you on your environment as this is not a) normal and b) being experienced by everyone. While the plugin isn't perfect and does/is experiencing issues, installing and data updates should both work. So, something within your environment must be problematic. I do know support has had some completely reinstall, wipe the SQL tables and get drastic, but that's been more of an outlier situation.
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
Day 124:  We updated to 3.0.1627.57 yesterday but no love - a majority of agents are still "non-GSM"  :(

Userlevel 5
Badge +24
Adam,

I have opened a ticket with Webroot myself at this point, and am working with them to troubleshoot.  No results yet, but am getting regular responses.
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@ , recommend you open a ticket with Webroot and reference my ticket number, which is 152944. You may receive additional assistance, and both of us testing in the same way may lead to providing them more information and ensuring a proper solution.  I'm getting good technical support so far.
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
@  I'll let you know what we find!  As of yesterday support thinks our problem's caused by some computers being listed multiple times with the same MachineId in our plugin_webroot3_computers table, so we're going to try removing those today.  Here's the dataview they linked us to try if you want to take a look:
https://download.webroot.com/RMM/LabTech/Webroot_Computers_with_Multiple_MachineIDs_DV.zip
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@ @ I found our issue was at least partly to do with not connecting through the API for us.  This has been resolved, after I changed the shared secret for probably the third time, and I'm using another release of the plugin provided to me.

My issue now is that I can't take more than one client at once and assign them to a Webroot site. If I try, it grays out.  Have to do them one at a time.  And, if the client already had groups set up, the moment you set the client? The groups blank and go to "Default Group" (sigh). 

That's a lot of manual work.  I hope in the future being able to set multiple clients to one site will be easily possible, and that if groups are already set, it won't by default erase them.
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@ ,

Is there any way to reach out to those in the LabTech/Automate plugin team?  I think they're on the right track, but there are some improvements that would likely be very easy to make that would improve the product significantly, as in everyone who uses Connectwise Automate going "Wow! Thanks guys, this is amazing!" happy.

I'd like to be part of making Webroot the favorite product on that RMM platform if it isn't already.  If that's possible, please let me know.
Userlevel 6
Badge +26
We will be launching an Advisory team specifically for providing direction and feedback. If anyone else is interested, stay tuned.

Thanks,
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
@  I love @'s  idea, especially how he phrased it: "I'd like to be part of making Webroot the favorite product on that RMM platform if it isn't already."  My first few posts on this forum were overly-critical, and I feel bad about it because that's not my default attitude: I'm usually all sunshine and cat.gifs, mea culpa. Anyway, I'd love to be involved any way I can!  I manage over 5k endpoints and am daily learning more about the issues involved with managing WR through Labtech and how to overcome them.