New User - issues

• 17 November 2016
  • 2 replies

Someone keeps calling me and telling me I have an issue on my computer but the calls always drops. You guys seem to be the only people that a call wont last. If my computer has a problem lets get it done and not give up because the call droped. We still need help even though the call drops.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Hi @, this sounds more like a scam than our support team. If you have been contacted by people claiming your system needs to be cleaned up, we recommend that you do not allow them access to your computer or provide them with your personal information. Cybercriminals can pretend to be support team members for legitimate companies to gain your trust so they can get your money, personal information, or access to your computer for the purposes of their scam.

You can read more information on this issue at Webroot's Threat Blog

If you have any further questions, please let us know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
@Definitely sounds like a scam and @ is right in that you should NEVER allow people with whom you don't trust, to be permitted access to your system.

Webroot won't normally call you, but believe me, if you ever need them, they'll be right there for you bud. And so will us here in the forums/community.

Stay safe. :-)

John