Web Threat Shield Questions

• 30 November 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 831 replies
On Monday we rolled out the new Web Threat Shield feature that was announced as part of the release on November 16th. There have been a few questions regarding this feature, and we are working with our product and support teams to get these questions answered. In the meantime, you can review the release notes here, and we will post an update here as soon as we have more information. Thank you for your patience!

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +19
A great product update (but I want more 🙂 )

Would be good to add:

1. The Date it starts rolling out.
2. Any options to turn off / delay roll out.
3. End-users impact / guide.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
Agreed - it would be nice if site managers would get notified of pending updates with big changes.  I was also caught off-guard.  Since I wasn't able to prep some of my users, they disabled the extension since they did not know what it was.  (It actually kind of makes me proud.)
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
We are discussing ways to improve this internally, but for anyone on the Community the best thing to do is subscribe to the announcements thread where we post all product updates: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Announcements/bd-p/ent2.

For instructions on bookmarking and subscribing, see our guide here
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Really good feedback @ - thanks! We'll pass along to our Product team.

Our Product team also just added a button (see screenshot in English below but it's alsotranslated in all local languages) to our console to help users find information about this latest release.

Userlevel 1
Thank you.
Userlevel 1
This caught us (and our client base) totally by surprise. How do we sign up to receive advance notice of stuff like this?