Webroot Trial

Hi,

I am using a business trial and need help to figure out how to setup or enable web filter extension that can give us web reputation.
When I click on scan my computer and it only scans my C drive why not scan all my connected drives?

How can I enable clients to Poll every hour rather than daily?

Thanks,

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
The business endpoint uses different technology than consumer for that.  It doesn't use a browser extension.  You just have to make sure that Web Threat Shield is enabled in the policy for machines you want that active for.

The polling interval is also set in the policy, under Basic Configuration.  You can change that all the way down to 15 minutes if you like.
Thanks but is there no way to add it? It could help users not to open any funny sites.
One more thing I noticed as right click scan the folder option.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Do you mean sites with malware?  The web shield feature should enable that.  If you mean to stop them from going to types of sites you don't like, you might want to take a look at our Web Security Service.
What about scan function. Why does it not scan E or F drive?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You should be able to do that with the right-click scan function
That function is missing and I downloaded a fix and still no joy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Have you worked with support yet?  If not I can give them a holler to come help out.
I did try to call UK support number but it took a while for someone to answer and I gave up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You can work by email if that's easier - just put in a ticket here:
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp?SOURCE=ENTERPRISEWSA
It is a good thing that we are trying everything before buy it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Agreed - that's why we do the trials, and provide full support for them during.  We want to make sure that you're happy and that it's a good fit for your environment.  
Do you think it is buggy av when it only scans C drive? And does not scan folder by right clicking on the folder.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yeah that's a common question and the answer is related to how Webroot operates differently from signature-based AV.  We focus on catching the malware at the point of execution, rather than trying to scan every single file on your computer.  We do give you the option to scan absolutely everything if you like, but it's not the default behavior for Webroot.