Solved

Webroot uninstall from add/remove programs?

While WRSA is listed as an app in Windows Add/Remove, when you try to remove from add/remove you are informed that this needs to be done from the admin console.

I see a few problems with this and was wondering how to work around these potential issues...

- What happens if there is no way to access the console at some future point?  How would you go about removing the agents?
- Using the Uninstall from the console takes too long.  There can be significant delays from the time you run the agent command to when it actually removes -- often I need to run it twice.

- Should you Uninstall and then deactivate or just deactive and wait for the uninstall and then reactivate?

So the main problem is that when troubleshooting a client that is having an issue, often times a simple uninstall
einstall does the trick.  But that takes way too long using the Webroot console and so I was hoping there was an alternativefaster way to remove the agent.

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by jhartnerd123 6 May 2016, 04:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33
The way the uninstall works is in essence good, as it prevents people and possible malicious code to shut down or disable the protection.

I'll answer  your points:

1. If you can't access the console,  you can always remove from Safe Mode

2. If it takes too long, it's because your poll interval is set too long. You can set it to the lowest which is 15 minutes or if you push the command and are sitting at the agent, right click the agent and select Refresh Configuration. That'll force an immediate poll and it'll take the uninstall command.

3. I normally issue an uninstall command and then a deactivate if I know the system will no longer be in service.

Again set your poll interval to the lowest 15 min and if not use the right click on the agent itself and Refresh configuration.

Also sometimes pushing a scan command right after issuing another command will force it through.

hope this helps

John
Thanks for the help!