New

Add two factor authorization to console/security dots

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
I don't know if this issue was brought up before but here it goes...
Add a feature of security dots in place of typed webroot code to activate antivirus. A two factor authorization adding your phone number to validate the code entered? Anna and Drew know about my situation.

3 replies

Sorry @Yankeelady2015, I'm a bit confused with your Feature Request. I don't understand what you're asking for, and therefore don't know whether to vote for it or not. Can you elaborate?? Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Seems like a some what pointless exercise that will only alienate users. IMHO 2FA or even 3FA is valid when one is using something like a web application over a potentially insecure communication channel but given that we already have to enter 2 randomly chosen chars of a security word...what is the point?

None whatsoever IMHO.

Cannot support this!
Baldrick wrote:

...enter 2 randomly chosen chars of a security word...

Aaah, is that what you are talking about: how to access the Webroot Web Console?

What confused me was the phrase "security dots...to activate antivirus". As far as I understand, I have to take no measures to activate Webroot antivirus as it is always activated once installed (apart from the option right-click taskbar icon & select "Shut down Protection").

Anyway, if Baldrick's understanding of the Feature Request is correct, I tend to agree with him. I feel the security steps, particularly the one he mentions, already make it extremely robust.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings