Complete

WSAT - Landing Page Text Input field

• 11 January 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
Just now I was testing arround with the Lure Page we can create in WSAT, I noticed we cannot fill anything in the Text Boxes. By clicking anywere on the Lura page I get redirected to the Educaional page or the 404 broken link page. Hereby flaged as phising victim. I can understand this behaviour....

In my company we have a landing page for our users to log in to an environment.
I would like to simulate the page where users fill in their information in text boxes
and only after clicking on Submit (its the only button) the user would be linked to the "Educational Page" or the "404" what ever is set up in the compaing. Not by clicking on some blanc space.

The HTML code I have creates fillable text boxes, but WSAT changes that to non clickable / fillable text boxes.

5 replies

Badge
We are having the same issue. It used to work, and this was a big selling point to see who entered there username. It was a great selling point. Why was it changed?
Badge +1
Would like some of the dev's or a technician's answer on:

• Is this going to be fixed?
  • Is there a work arround for it to work now?
  • Is this going to be re-implemented?
Thank you in advance
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Hi David-SpreenICT and ArkSolvers,
You are correct that the functionality with lure pages has changed. Prior to Jan 2019 we did support form fields that could be used within lure pages and it did provide an extra piece of interactivity for user engagement with phishing web lures. The reason we had to remove form fields from lure pages was in order to maintain ongoing compliance with Google Safe Browsing. The form fields within lure pages was constantly being flagged by Chrome and Firefox browsers as phishing sites causing our domains to be flagged as "unsafe" which defeated the purpose of the lure pages all together. We were able to go back to Google Safe Browsing and mark our domains as "safe" but that only lasted so long until they were again automatically flagged as unsafe again. The best path forward was to remove form fields from our lure pages to keep our domains compliant with Google Safe Browsing.

Though we did lose form fields the silver lining with this feature update is that we are now proxying an image of the latest web page for lure pages. That means when we display a Dropbox login page or UPS page or even a new site it is updated in real time which helps maintain authenticity of the lure page. It also means lure pages can be setup by simply entering the target URL you wish to proxy as a lure page which will be opened to admins with a release in the near future making lure page setup quick and easy to maintain.

Thanks for reaching out on this feature and let us know if you have further questions on it.
Badge +1
Hi David-SpreenICT and ArkSolvers,
You are correct that the functionality with lure pages has changed. Prior to Jan 2019 we did support form fields that could be used within lure pages and it did provide an extra piece of interactivity for user engagement with phishing web lures. The reason we had to remove form fields from lure pages was in order to maintain ongoing compliance with Google Safe Browsing. The form fields within lure pages was constantly being flagged by Chrome and Firefox browsers as phishing sites causing our domains to be flagged as "unsafe" which defeated the purpose of the lure pages all together. We were able to go back to Google Safe Browsing and mark our domains as "safe" but that only lasted so long until they were again automatically flagged as unsafe again. The best path forward was to remove form fields from our lure pages to keep our domains compliant with Google Safe Browsing.

Though we did lose form fields the silver lining with this feature update is that we are now proxying an image of the latest web page for lure pages. That means when we display a Dropbox login page or UPS page or even a new site it is updated in real time which helps maintain authenticity of the lure page. It also means lure pages can be setup by simply entering the target URL you wish to proxy as a lure page which will be opened to admins with a release in the near future making lure page setup quick and easy to maintain.

Thanks for reaching out on this feature and let us know if you have further questions on it.

Hello DFox,

Thanks for this extended reply!!!
Above information is good to know.

But I still have the following questions:

• Is this going to be re-implemented?
  • When will the easy creation of lure page's module be released?
If there's even a slight change on the Form fields being re-implemented i'd give you all my co-operation as it is a really usefull feature.
Now I can only report on the fact the user opend the website. And without the further information I cannot but state the user also intended to fill in the information. This is a big step as a lot of users only stop as soon as they see the website, and not on opening of the page.

Waiting for your reply, many thanks in advance
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
To clarify the followup questions, we do report on lure page clicks so if the user did interact with the page at all we would log the click and take the user to next training page setup. However, we do not intend to re-implement form fields within lure pages because they have been identified as conflicting with Google safe browsing compliance which causes browsers to mark our pages as "unsafe" ultimately defeating the purpose of the training all together (plus points for Google Safe Browsing identifying risky pages). If we can find a way around safe browsing compliance we could consider re-implementing but as of the most recent assessment the best option was to remove form fields all together. With regard to adding lure pages by URL, the feature is designed and dev is partially complete but we have some competing priorities that pushed this to backlog for now, we will hope to resurface it soon and get it out there for use.