If your smart phone/tablet that has the Authenticator App installed is missing or lost, it is still possible to log into the Webroot management console.
Beginning in early December, if you attempt to log in to my.webrootanywhere.com, you will be redirected automatically to a new login URL: identity.webrootanywhere.com. Any bookmarked links to my.webrootanywhere.com pages will still work, but will also be redirected automatically to the new login page URL. Please inform your customers as needed.
To log into the Webroot management console when 2FA is enabled and your smart phone/tablet is missing:
- Log into the Webroot management console.
- On the Authentication Code screen, click Lost or Stolen Device?
- The Account Verification screen will display, enter your email address and click Submit.
- The 2FA Reset Email Sent screen appears, check your email for a message containing a link to proceed.
- An email will be sent from email@example.com to your email address. Click the Reset 2FA link to proceed.
- Clicking the link will open a browser window titled Account Verification. You will be prompted to enter the answers for the security questions that you provided during the account setup process.
Note: Your answers are case sensitive.
- Upon successfully providing answers to the 3 security questions, the system will disable 2FA for your account and display:
An email from firstname.lastname@example.org will be sent to you informing you that 2FA was disabled for your account:
- You can either click Log In in the browser window or go to the Webroot management console directly and you will be prompted to enter your Security Code for login.
If you are having problems resetting your account to get access to your console, please contact Support for assistance.
For more information on 2FA, please see: