Hello community. I have an hp envy pavilion laptop. Windows Eight. Laptop is 10 years old but ideal condition. Upon trying to install webroot after the download a pop up reads that it won't install due to probable malware and would I like to try installing with a random file name? I click 'ok' (after having already entered the key code to get to that point)., then it asks for the keycode again. I click on ok and the entire screen goes to webroot at the control panel. I don't know what to do from there. Many thanks for any help.
Best answer by TripleHelix
Please try a reinstall and don’t allow “ try installing with a random file name”
Please follow the steps closely!
- Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
- Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
- KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
- Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
- Uninstall WSA and Reboot
- Go into Safe Mode and Delete these Folders if they are there!
- C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
- C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Folder)
- C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Folder)
- Boot back into normal mode
- Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
- Let it finish it's install scan
- Reboot once again
- DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode for Windows 10: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?