Can't uninstall WSA when logged in as an administrator, Can't open the dashboard, Constantly requesting permission to make changes to computer

• 12 November 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I have been having a large amount of issues with WSA recently. Over the last month I have probably uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times! My issues have varied between having WSA taking up an absurd amount of RAM, being unable to open WSA, and others.

Everytime I boot up my computer, WSA asks to allow access to make changes to my computer. Every time I try to open WSA it asks to allow access to make changes, even if I had already said yes at startup. Now, I can't even get the app to open. I can't uninstall the app either because it doesn't recognize me as an administrator (I am logged in as an administrator, I've checked).

The hours of availability for customer support are awful and I cannot be at my computer to be able to review the problems with them.

Does anyone have any advice?

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @bstodge , Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.

Since you have already tried the uninstall /reinstall I would Contact Webroot Support.

Please submit a  Support Ticket  or  Contact Webroot Support  to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

I am wondering if when WSA was installed, the option to scramble the WSA executable name was enabled and if that is why the OP cannot uninstall. 

There were detailed instructions in another thread about uninstalling WSA when this option was used during an install.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@bstodge ,

Any luck solving this with support? Curious to hear what the root cause of this was! 

-Keenan