Solved

Cannot Play Assetto Corsa Competizione online while Webroot is running

• 24 November 2019
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello,

After a long process of elimination, disabling everything but Webroot, I’ve determined that it was Webroot that’s keeping me from joining online servers in Assetto Corsa Competizione.(or at least disabling it resolves the issue).

I’ve tried things like adding it to the list of allowed programs and disabling WebShield Realtime Shield and Firewall. No luck. I have to shut Webroot down if I want to play.

This has been going on for 2 to 3 weeks.

I also get the same problem in iRacing. Also, I’ve noticed SimRacingStudio crashing during this period, and it never has before (I use SimRacingStudio to send telemetry data to my motion rig).

I’ve found the following error, after reading the logs from Assetto Corsa Competizione:

setTimeout error detected 10038

Here’s a link to an article about it.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by mmalik22 29 November 2019, 18:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @mmalik22 , Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :relaxed:

Please submit a  Support Ticket  or  Contact Webroot Support  to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Dave, 

I did create a ticket on Friday night, my guess is, WebRoot doesn’t work the weekends, because i’ve not gotten a response.

Userlevel 7

Sorry you haven’t gotten a response yet. I’ll ping our Forum Managers to double check on where your Support Ticket is. If you do / don’t hear back from Support by around 11 am East Coast Time tomorrow, please post back on this thread if Support fixed the problem or not hearing from Support yet.

@khumphrey  @freydrew 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thank you very much!

They’re probably pretty busy. I understand. I hope they can get to me soon.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

No response from support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hi,

Sorry you have not heard back from support, did you try calling them? https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact I will ping a couple other Webroot Staffers to see if they can look into your Ticket: @BradW@DanP 

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

Hi,

Hey mmalik22, can you private message me the email that you used to open a ticket with Support? I’ll see what’s goin on. Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

@mmalik22 I’ve got our team looking into this. I’ll message you privately if they need more personal info. Thanks! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

You’re welcome! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

@mmalik22 I talked with our Support team a moment ago and they sent you an email to the email address provided. They’ll be able to help you out quickly from here on out. All you’ll need to do is just respond back to that email and they’ll take it from there. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thank you very much!! Will respond soon!

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Had so much fun I didn’t come back and say thanks for the help!

Got an update that solved the issue!!

THANKS!