Solved

Carbonite Webroot My Account CE 22.4 Portal

• 30 November 2022
  • 1 reply

When will Mobile and Chromebook devices be displayed in the My Account Portal?   

I am accessing my account via the New Carbonite Webroot portal page. I am on the Security Summary and I should have 5 devices. Only 2 PC’s show up.  Nothing for the phones or chromebook.   How I am supposed to know how many keycodes I have left and where they were distributed?  Also, if I had to deactivate one of these devices (because I have a two year subscription)  there’s no way to do that either. 

The older portal had many features you could run directly from it. They were under the COMMANDS section.  There was SCAN, System Optimizer, Restart PC, DEACTIVATE, Cleanup, Lock PC, Shutdown PC.  It also required the security code one created when logging in.

But the new Carbonite portal is missing these features. They added security questions but not the security code. And there are no Commands like I listed above.

The whole thing is very confusing from a consumer point of view.  

icon

Best answer by TylerM 30 November 2022, 21:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

At the moment Webroot for Chromebook is classified as a part of our Mobile Apps services, and works the same way as Webroot Mobile Security. Whereas our Webroot SecureAnywhere application checks in directly with the server to get the keycode information, the Webroot Mobile Security app and Webroot for Chromebook app check in with the account and only verify that there is a viable keycode on that account. As such they do not show under any portal console at this time.

As far as checking devices for installed services, the only way at this time is to check the device directly to see if the service is working on said device.’

See more here

We are exploring future changes to this functionality and will let you know through our monthly update posts