Solved

Computer becomes very slow while running Selenium WebDriver.

• 27 September 2017
  • 3 replies

Hello,

One of my users is having major slowdowns on his computer while running automated tests with Selenium WebDriver. The problem started recently so it might be caused by a recent update to Webroot?

The source of the problem might also be coming from a certain third party browser driver called "Mozilla GeckoDriver", which gets flagged and quarantined by Webroot.

After whitelisting the file (I might try whitelisting entire directories if it's recommended), the problem persist.

Shutting down Webroot takes the automated tests a few seconds to complete.

If Webroot is active, it takes at least 10 minutes to complete and the computer is mostly unresponsive in the meantime.

Here's a link to Selenium WebDriver (the third party browser driver is listed after scrolling down a little) : http://www.seleniumhq.org/download/

I'll gladly answer any question you may have to resolve this issue.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 27 September 2017, 23:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

The best thing to do is Submit a Support Ticket so support can look at what is going on, or it could be a simple thing of getting the said program files whitelisted in the Webroot Cloud Database.

Thanks,
-Daniel 😉
Got it figured out with a Support Ticket... it ended up being an application that was protected by the Identity Shield that caused the problem.

Thank you and have a pleasant day.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great to hear and thanks for letting us know!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉