Solved

computer hacked.

• 19 October 2021
  • 1 reply

i have been hacked on my e-mail which is verizon aol and my facebook page, i was able to change my passwords on facebook and google but my aol mail did not take new passwords so i can,t get e-mail from anyone. do you know what i can do next it seems someone is prenting to be me asking for money or gift cards.

icon

Best answer by MajorHavoc 19 October 2021, 12:42

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Contact AOL and explain that exactly what you have said here. Ask them to freeze the account until you can prove you are the rightful owner.  

Also, use a password manager and never use the same password twice on different systems. On very lar attack hole is people, using the same email and password on multiple systems.  I also recommend a backup email account, there are many free ones, where you can list on many systems the second email.

One of your largest concerns at this time might be this person using your email to change passwords of yours on other systems.  Once they have control,of your email, they can make password change requests to your own email, and change the passwords on other systems as well.