Question

Computer super slow after exactly 5 minutes of startup

• 17 February 2021
  • 0 replies

For the last few hours now my computer has been acting extremely slow after exactly 5 minutes after being started up. Programs would take 10x the normal length of time to start and google searches were almost impossible. Viewing reliability history I saw the informational event “core” stating  “Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Core. Product Version: 1.2.1024. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Webroot. Installation success or error status: 0.”

Seeing that this has been installed just an hour before the problems started I uninstalled Webroot and it fixed all my problems. I can confirm this has not just happened to my Pc. There is another pc I own that is protected by Webroot and had the same message in the reliability history. Sure enough at exactly 5 minutes after startup the computer starts acting like it has 200 viruses installed.

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned before so I just wanted to state my experience. I haven’t tried reinstalling Webroot yet but I plan to if the problem is solved. Thank you. 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!