Solved

Constant Yahoo Verification Code Requests

• 4 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I always get emails from Yahoo sending me verification codes.  The last one was for a log in in Vietnam.   I understand this is for my 2 factor verification that I setup for my email.  But is my account at risk?

icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 9 April 2020, 02:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @DaniloM 

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Have you done a Google search encase others are having the same issue? It could be someone trying to access your account in which after a couple of times of getting your password wrong, one can use the “Trouble Signing In” Yahoo link. Which could be causing all your emails from Yahoo. Also I would not click on any of those email links that you are getting. Go to Yahoo directly.

HTH?

Badge +3

I understand that someone is trying to log in my yahoo mail.  And I don’t believe anyone can just log into my account because I have 2 factor authentication.  I was curious however if someone can still hack into my account despite 2 factor authentication?  thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @DaniloM ,

Please read this article below:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hackers-now-bypass-two-factor-234601778.html

So it's difficult but possible to hack with 2 factor authentication as one can be tricked into relinquishing ones email information.  Phishing for example is popular with hackers. 

Nothing is 100% safe when your on the internet...right?

Hope this answers your question?