Solved

Deactivating a device and reclaiming the license - Webroot Home

• 13 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi,

Ever since the old console is not accessible to new/renewed licenses, all the KB’s I found about this are referring to the old (and beloved) console, where we had the “Deactivate” button.

The issue I’m facing now is that a device is still showing attached to the license key, but I don’t know how to deactivate it. If I uninstall, will it deactivate? But what if I can’t uninstall as this device has issues booting the OS (hard drive crashed). What can I do?

So to summarize the questions for the HOME version of Webroot:

1. When I uninstall a device from the device itself (Windows/macOS) → does it deactivate and reclaim the license also in the console?
  2. How can I deactivate and reclaim the license if a device is not bootable anymore ?

Thanks,

Idan.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 13 April 2023, 01:14

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @idan 

I have not a chance to use the new console but I understand what you are saying. It would be best to ask Webroot Support and they can explain better. Also you can check this out to see if it can help you?

Webroot Support

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Thanks,

Thanks @TripleHelix 

I already read the FAQ and almost everything in the community.

As a matter of fact, I opened a support case regarding this August 2022, and again opened a support case today. The response I received surprised me as the support team said that only active devices are counted, and that one of my devices didn’t communicate since March last year so it’s not “active” but what happens if I start it? how does licensing work? why did they have to make this so awkward and market this as “easy”. It’s not easy.. it’s quite lame. 

Full disclosure, I am a Webroot customer since 2007 (both home and business) and I’m thinking about changing to something else just because of this nonsense move with the admin console.

If there are any Webroot employees monitoring this → feel free to reach out to me directly.

Cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Well Webroot was acquired by Carbonite and soon after OpenText acquired Carbonite so it's all OpenText now and they have big things as they acquired other products. Let me ping the Community Manager to see if he can add more @TylerM 

HTH,

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

So what was the resolution here Daniel as I was hoping to understand this issue as well. I also wanted to know how much time is considered “inactive”?  Be curious to any answer you received.  Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

So what was the resolution here Daniel as I was hoping to understand this issue as well. I also wanted to know how much time is considered “inactive”?  Be curious to any answer you received.  Thanks. 

I will ping @TylerM  again as we had issues with pinging during that time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

I just went to the console, and I see a Deactivate button.  Am I looking at the old one still? Or are you talking about the Enterprise console? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I just went to the console, and I see a Deactivate button.  Am I looking at the old one still? Or are you talking about the Enterprise console? 

I don’t know what the new Online Console looks like! https://myaccount.carbonite.com/createaccount?lang=en as I have no new keycodes to enter as you can’t add new keycodes to the old one.

The link it’s pointing to goes here: https://www.webroot.com/ca/en