Error

When I try to open my new Webroot Mobile Security App I get an error This Site Can’t Provide a Secure Connection ERR-SSL-PROTOCOL-ERROR. It is doing it on only one of my phones that uses Android it is a free Government phone with Assurance Wireless a UMX U693CL.  

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Thanks for the update Andy. Something cleared out the cache junk I suspect, which can also cause this error.  Glad it at least led you to a solution. 

I just turn the Wi-Fi back on and went to the Webroot App it loaded up fine just like usual. I still don't know exactly what the problem was but turning the Wi-Fi off and using regular mobile data I guess got past the problem.The Webroot App asked that I create an Account.I guess entering in my Account Information solved the problem so I'm glad because I've been trying all kinds of stuff for about a week now. I already tried clearing the Chrome browser I tried looking into the SSL certificate issue resetting all the Wi-Fi preferences and all kinds of other things that I have been trying and none of it worked. Now I wish I would have come on to this Webroot community site earlier I could have saved myself a lot of troubleshooting. I had heard about this being a Wi-Fi issue with public Wi-Fi but I have never had this issue at home with my Wi-Fi as I have Xfinity and my other device is working fine. Either way I've learned a whole lot about this error in the process and as it turns out switching over to mobile data was the very last thing that I tried I've already done every single other thing possible. I guess as the saying goes live and learn well I will have to admit I definitely have learned something about this Error!Once again Thanks Major Havoc From Andy!!

Thank you Major Havoc I tried turning the Wi-Fi off and going with straight mobile data and the same era started to come up but then all the sudden the pagel loaded and then it said that I needed to create a Webroot account which I have had an account for a while and this problem just started last week my Webroot was working fine but anyway I just put in the same information that I already have with my Webroot account and then the webroot  page came up they got a new app that just shows a scan setting. I still haven't bothered to try it on Wi-Fi again but my other phone isn't having a problem so maybe for some reason it just needed to set up an account on this phone or something I don't know but that at least  I'm making progress .I'm going to try it on Wi-Fi a little later and if it doesn't work then I guess maybe it is some kind of a certificate issue. But just the fact that it's working right now is some progress thanks again From Andy!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

It is possible (I do not know how Webroot connects here) that a software update might be needed. You can check versions on each phone and see if there are differences.  

I often see this error in Chrome when cache errors or expired cached exist or the browser needs updating, or expired certificates exist. 

I’m sure support can help you here. 

I have exactly this problem too.  My Pixel Android phone works but my friend’s LG Android gets this error.  It was on WIFI at the time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Does it do this in both WiFi and cellular data or only on cell data? The largest cause of this type of error is when the time/date is incorrect. Might the phone be set to the wrong date or time? You could also try reinstalling the app to see if that eliminates the problem

But really I  would recommend a call out to Webroot support. They should be able to help you figure this out. There is a link at the very bottom of this page. They are good at these kinds of things.