Solved

Facebook tracking LastPass

• 11 February 2021
  • 19 replies

I just discovered that Facebook app on my android phone was tracking my activity on the LastPass app.

I find unacceptable that a company that provides security services allows an information hog like Facebook to intrude in something  so sensitive. We pay for a service to keep our information private and secure, not to be used and sold. 

I cannot trust Webroot or Lastpass anymore, I had the software less than a month, how do I get a refund?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 12 February 2021, 01:57

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @SLW 

The above has never been proven but LastPass had many issues over the years. I personally don’t use a password manager. https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=LastPass+security+issues#ip=1

HTH,

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Then I suppose the next best alternative is your browser?

I do but I make sure the Browsers are in the Privacy Shield and if they don’t show add them under protect on my PC’s only I don’t trust Banking apps for Mobile Phones see here:

HTH,

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Browsers are in the Privacy Shield and if they don’t show add them under protect on my PC’s 

HTH,

I opened WR from the icon and went to :

Is this the correct place?

Is so, I need to add Chrome and Brave.

I clicked add and nothing seems to happen.

Yes add Chrome and Brave every-time it updates to a newer version! In the Picture remove all the Firefox ones by Right Clicking on them and Remove and then add just the one! Are you still using Internet Explorer? May I ask what OS are you using?

How to Remove and Add apps:

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

My app didn’t give me the captcha to remove the exe files.

I just right click and it gave the option to remove and when i clicked it, it was gone.

That’s fine it’s just my settings!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Does Edge have it’s own exe or does it get it from IE?

Edge came with Windows 10 so in your case you have Internet Explorer in which Microsoft removed most of it from Windows 10 even though it’s listed in Program Files and Program Files x86 but when I click on IE exe file this pops-up.

But in Windows 10 and Windows 11 it has Edge which is based off of Chromium like Brave and many other Browsers, but remember when a Browser you have updates go back and Add it in the Privacy Protection!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@SLW did you find out if you had an infection or a false positive with support?

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I was told it was related to a Maxthon browser not being compatible with Webroot. So I uninstalled it and the probl went away.

Did support say that or are you going by what I said? When I said the Maxthon browser is not Officially supported by Webroot but you still can install and when it updates you have to add it to the Privacy Protection (Use to be called Identity Shield) area just like Brave or any other Browsers. I use Edge, Firefox and Google Chrome.

https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/webroothomeproductsuserguide/WebrootHomeProductsUserGuide.htm#1_ConsumerUserGuide/Protecting%20personal%20information.htm

This is an old picture of Supported Browsers:

Userlevel 4

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

It's up to you I think @ProTruckDriver uses Roboform so let's see what he has to say.

Userlevel 4

I don’t trust Banking apps for Mobile Phones see here:

HTH,

I do not have my phone tied to anything online if i can help it. Except for a 2nd authentication. I’m looking at your link now.

Userlevel 4

Windows 7 is my OS.

Userlevel 4

My app didn’t give me the captcha to remove the exe files.

I just right click and it gave the option to remove and when i clicked it, it was gone.

Userlevel 4

Does Edge have it’s own exe or does it get it from IE?

Userlevel 4

I was told it was related to a Maxthon browser not being compatible with Webroot. So I uninstalled it and the probl went away.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Steffib 

Here is the link to start a Refund: https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=17&vw=1&app=vw&solutionid=69

Purchases, renewals, and upgrades

Mon - Fri 7 AM to 7 PM (MDT)

wr-customersales@opentext.com

Tel: 1-866-350-6089

Userlevel 7

It's up to you I think @ProTruckDriver uses Roboform so let's see what he has to say.

I’ve been using the payed version RoboForm for the past 3 months and love it. They never been hacked like LastPass has a few times. RoboForm is easy to use and better than LastPass IMO. They have a Free version also. I believe it’s only for 1 computer. They have a Sale now that ends December 17 for 30% off subscriptions. I might add a few years more to my subscription. https://www.roboform.com/

REMEMBER: These are Passwords that are being kept to probably all your accounts. I myself wouldn’t trust Browser Password Managers. If you are using LastPass and want to change to another password manager you can easily convert your passwords from one manager to another. When you set up your new password manager CHANGE ALL YOUR PASSWORDS ON NEW PASSWORD MANAGER ACCOUNT. No telling what the hackers got from hacking LastPass.

HTH,

Dave

Userlevel 4

Browsers are in the Privacy Shield and if they don’t show add them under protect on my PC’s 

HTH,

I opened WR from the icon and went to :

Is this the correct place?

Is so, I need to add Chrome and Brave.

I clicked add and nothing seems to happen.

Userlevel 4

It’s good, I have so much going on I just uninstalled it to see what happened and WR doesn’t say there’s a threat anymore. I’m satisfied.

Userlevel 4

I know many companies will do some sort of cross comparability...is the Facebook Webroot phone ap still a thing(as described by the OP)?  Are there newer features which curtail any cross-pollinization?