Solved

Fiirewall

• 4 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Do Need to have Microsoft firewall on if I have Webroot fire wall turned on.  I keep getting message's saying I am not protected because the Microsoft firewall isn't turned on.  Does it hurt to have them both turned on.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 4 October 2022, 18:54

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @W.A.Busse 

Managing Firewalls

The SecureAnywhere firewall monitors data traffic traveling out of your computer ports. It looks for untrusted processes that try to connect to the Internet and steal your personal information. It works with the Windows firewall, which monitors data traffic coming into your computer. With both the SecureAnywhere and Windows firewall turned on, your data has complete inbound and outbound protection.

You should not turn off either the Windows firewall or the SecureAnywhere firewall. If they are disabled, your system is open to many types of threats whenever you connect to the Internet or to a network. These firewalls can block malware, hacking attempts, and other online threats before they can cause damage to your system or compromise your security.

The SecureAnywhere firewall is preconfigured to filter traffic on your computer. It works in the background without disrupting your normal activities. If the firewall detects any unrecognized traffic, it opens an alert where you can block the traffic or allow it to proceed.

https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#UsingFirewallWebShieldProtection/ManagingFirewalls.htm

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@W.A.Busse

Most certainly you do. The Webroot firewall is strictly an outbound only.

Regards

John H

Thanks.  I got the answer I was looking for.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Yes you run both.

The Webroot Firewall runs as addition to the Microsoft firewall to provide extra protection.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I run both