Solved

Firefox search contest 2021

• 30 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I know it’s a fake site to get your credit card info. Just wondering if you all knew or heard anything?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 31 October 2021, 22:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I haven’t but here is some info on it: https://support.mozilla.org/bm/questions/1249883

Userlevel 1

Yea, I read what you posted. Oh, well always a scammer anywhere one go’s.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Many, Many scammers out there on the net, emails, phone calls and even coming to the door.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

So one suggestion I have if you know someone who might get scammed is to have them use a credit card that lets you generate store specific virtual card numbers. I use a Capital One card, and they have extensions for a number of browsers. If you go to a site pretending to be sooneine else, your store specific card does not show up. Big clue. If the first time generating a new number, the card is only good at the store site you create it on. So even if they scam a card number, they can’t use it elsewhere. And you can turn off virtual cards after number of uses or number of days. If some one steals that number, not much harm can be done. And if you need to get a new card because your original number is compromised or lost,  the virtual numbers stay active and don’t require changes when you get your new card. This should be a feature set on ever credit card!