Solved

Geeksquad from Bestbuy deactivated my subscription without my knowledge

• 24 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
In March 2018, my old computer died and I had to purchase a new one. I went to Bestbuy and purchased a new computer. With the purchase and year support to Geeksquad, came a 6 mo and a 1 year subscription to Webroot. I had informed Geeksquad that I already had a subscription to Webroot that did not expire until September 2018 and I would like to have that one installed on my new computer. Instead of installing my current subscription, someone inactivated it and installed the ones for 6 months and a year. Not knowing this, I was charged the yearly subscription fee in August 8, 2018. Due to what Geeksquad did, I paid for something I didn't have and the Webroot they installed will be up on March 22, 2019. Since I am going to have to renew in March, I would like to request a refund for the one that was inactivated in March of last year and I was charged for in August 2018. Here are the details of the charge: My name is Julia Eschbach, date of charge was August 8, 2018, Ref# ~snip~, Amt of Charge: $59.99, Authorization code: ~snip~, Transaction id: ~snip~ at 5:12 ET. I do not want to put the card # for the public, so if you need that, please call me at ~snip for personal security (PTD)~. Also, please call me to discuss the charge. Thanks
icon

Best answer by LLiddell 25 February 2019, 17:13

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @Jeschbach, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. ☺️

Sorry to hear that this happen to you with your subscription to Webroot.

Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

I will also ping our Forum Administrator on this problem. @LLiddell

(I also edited your post. Please do not post personal information on an open forum)

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,
Dave.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Subscriptions purchased from Best Buy are activated during the point of sale, I believe it says so on the packaging as well. For what it's worth, you can always reach out to their support line to see if there's anything they can do: 1-800-433-5778.