Question

Google remembering my passwords while Webroot is broken?

Badge +1
Coincidentally, Google is offering to remember my passwords while Webroot isn't working and still not planned to be fixed for another month. Is Google a safe temporary alternative?

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Personally, I would not trust Google with anything - period. A safe alternative is the free version of LastPass upon which Webroot's pw manager is based.
Userlevel 7
Orthodoxguy wrote:

Personally, I would not trust Google with anything - period. A safe alternative is the free version of LastPass upon which Webroot's pw manager is based.

But only until the fixed/revised version of the Webroot Password Manager is released...which I believe should be relatively shortly. 😉

@freydrew @LLiddell are you able to provide any more insight as to potential timescales for the fixed/revised Webroot PM version?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +33
Honestly we're not allowed to share anything just yet, but it is looking to fall under our proposed window of late January to early February. The moment we can share more, we will, and we'll make sure it's visible on the home page as well.
Userlevel 7
Hi Lara

Much appreciate the response, and also that there is only a certain & limited amount that you can share at this point.

What you have provided is perfect...just trying to get an approximate view of when something MIGHT land, and of course that is very much subject to change due to the nature of what is involved.

But that hopefully helps the members understand that currently it should be sooner rather than later.

Many thanks, again.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Badge +19
I'm a LastPass user myself and would suggest it to anyone.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings