Solved

Google remembering my passwords while Webroot is broken?

Badge +1
Coincidentally, Google is offering to remember my passwords while Webroot isn't working and still not planned to be fixed for another month. Is Google a safe temporary alternative?
icon

Best answer by Orthodoxguy 23 January 2019, 16:34

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12
Personally, I would not trust Google with anything - period. A safe alternative is the free version of LastPass upon which Webroot's pw manager is based.
Userlevel 7
Personally, I would not trust Google with anything - period. A safe alternative is the free version of LastPass upon which Webroot's pw manager is based.

But only until the fixed/revised version of the Webroot Password Manager is released...which I believe should be relatively shortly. 😉

@freydrew @LLiddell are you able to provide any more insight as to potential timescales for the fixed/revised Webroot PM version?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Honestly we're not allowed to share anything just yet, but it is looking to fall under our proposed window of late January to early February. The moment we can share more, we will, and we'll make sure it's visible on the home page as well.
Userlevel 7
Hi Lara

Much appreciate the response, and also that there is only a certain & limited amount that you can share at this point.

What you have provided is perfect...just trying to get an approximate view of when something MIGHT land, and of course that is very much subject to change due to the nature of what is involved.

But that hopefully helps the members understand that currently it should be sooner rather than later.

Many thanks, again.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
I'm a LastPass user myself and would suggest it to anyone.
Userlevel 7
Hi Lara

Any update on what to expect and more importantly when? We are now in very early March and whilst I understand that there may be legal considerations involved, as well as economical ones (the Carbonite merger cannot have helped matters, etc.), it would be extremely beneficial....and I stress the EXTREMELY nature of the suggestions...if Webroot could provide a formal update on the current state of affairs!

As you may have noted there has been serious talk about users contacting legal & consumer protection entitles about the current state of affairs and I am sure that it would be good to head any of that off at the pass...before the rolling stone gathers any moss and takes on a life of it's own.

Appreciate that what you & the Community Management may be able to do is not great, i.e., things controlled by 'higher powers', but what the user community really need is a formal update about the position, as soon as possible.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
Why was @LLiddell's post marked as the answer? Yes, it's useful information about Webroot's Password Manager, but the question was about an alternative until Webroot's Password Manager was fixed. The first reply by @Orthodoxguy is probably the best appropriate answer to this question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
It's up to the author of the post, but I can go ahead and adjust it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
Thanks for changing it and thanks for looking into the other post I pointed out. However, based on the other post the author isn't the one who's making these decisions over this past weekend. A number of posts got marked as answered, and I have to wonder how many of them were from the author. The other one I commented on was my post and I didn't mark it. It looks like someone just wanted to clear some posts off the community. The question is, how many got marked appropriately?
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
I'll look into it, thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
Thanks for being so responsive @LLiddell! 🤔
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@NicCrockett look for a PM.
Userlevel 7
Badge +28
Thanks for the info @TripleHelix!