We have a potential customer who would like to know what other customers' experiences have been when deploying Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint protection in a Windows Server 2012 environment. If anyone has done so, we would love to hear from you.
Already have an account? Login
Login to the community
No account yet? Create an account
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.
We have done internal testing with Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 with no new issues to report from both. Please do let us know if you experience any.
Matt - Webroot Enterprise Support Engineer
Starting a separate thread on this problem.
Out of curiosity what settings are you using in the GPO?
This GPO works for all our workstations where it is a fresh install, but not for those that had it previously during our test period.
I reported this issue back in about August and it was resolved in build 22.214.171.124. This was being caused by residual MSI keys being left behind after uninstallation.
I will perform some tests in my environment today and contact development if an issue is still present.
Thank you and I will update this thread as soon as I know more.
Did you use the "ARPNOREMOVE=1" when deploying the first go around?
Thanks for your notes. The first go-around I just used the executable sent by email from webroot (my license key #.exe) and installed locally. So I didn't set the ARPNOREMOVE value.
A further note: on the workstations where I uninstalled Webroot, it does in fact show up in the list of programs if I go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. In the list it shows the generic MSI icon instead of the green circle W icon. Yet even though it appears here, there is no trace of it elsewhere (not in Start>Programs, not in system tray, etc).
If you have a tool to deploy WSA via EXE I would encourage you to go that route. I'm not saying MSI isn't a perfectly fine method, but in this case it's just a management layer to work with GPO rather than something that truly leverages it.
There is custom logic in the MSI for doing a repair operation, but I've never seen the WRSA.exe file itself get corrupted, it's the local client data in the WRData folder that can rarely get messed up. I've never heard anyone refer to it as a troubleshooting step.
You should contact Webroot support for the left-behind installation issue. My deployment experience was with the first MSI they ever introduced so i don't want to give you outdated info.
I could be completely wrong about all of this, another reason you should contact support 🙂
I have a fairly new enviroment and Webroot was the only antivirus that was pushed out via GPO. I used Trend Micro for a year but hand installed on the 13 computers.
GPO applied to the currently logged on user:
Check these to see if there is anything remaining. Once removed it should deploy easy.