Solved

HELP, SecureAnywhere is blocking Battlefield 2042 from running,

• 11 December 2021
  • 24 replies

Userlevel 4

2 days ago BF2042 updated and in the process updated East Anti Cheat (EAC) which is what SecureEverywhere is blocking. Everyone that is using this AV can no longer launch the game. The EXACT thing happened when they updated Back4Blood and updated EAC in the process. Webroot pushed a patch that fixed it. I have sent a support ticket to Webroot but have heard nothing. Oh, BYW, when you completely uninstall SecureAnywhere, the game runs fine.

icon

Best answer by TylerM 15 December 2021, 15:52

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@SebMoose22 

We were closed for the holidays and got back as of this week. I’m sorry it took over our normal estimated response time of within 24 hours. 

I don’t have a estimated date of when the patch will be deployed, but it will be next release cycle.

Calling in to our free consumer support 1-866-612-4227 (2/1/4) is going to be the quickest way to resolve this issue pre-patch. An agent will have to remote onto your computer, so if you don’t have time to call in, you can always schedule a time for the technician to call you. Let me know if you are having trouble with this after you try to schedule a time in your ticket. Feel free to DM too with ticket details as everyone else that’s reached out has had a technician resolve their issue.

Any update on this… I put in a ticket and it took 5 days to get back to me with a response to call. I don’t have hours to wait on tech support. When is the patch going to be released. This is really making me rethink renewing my subscription. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hey @5beautiesathome 

If you are having issues using your browser with this ticket system, I know of no issues with chrome, and can’t reset your password to get passed this screen (cookies shouldn’t prevent this) then my suggestion is you call support so they can remote onto your computer and do this for you.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

I am having this problem with BF2042 as well, but I can’t get past this screen to contact support.  I always click “allow cookies”, and put in my correct pw, but this screen comes right back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

This happened to me as well. I don’t know what is going on internally at Webroot. I called the night before to a rep. and he was going to remote in because there were instructions for it, but unfortunately my OS was not behaving and prevented a completion. I called today, after fixing my OS of course, and a different rep. said you just need to uninstall Webroot. I tried to explain I’m just trying to finish what the rep. last night couldn’t finish. He seemed to be unaware of this thread and of this fix. Is the fix to just uninstall Webroot?

@VictoryBruh This should not be the case and we do not have any instances of not being able to fix this issue with a remote technician, please DM your ticket number and I’ll get with a support manager.

I spent an hour on the phone with support and after they had remoted to my PC they said I just need to uninstall Webroot whenever I want to play. Different results than what others have been saying here.

What is the ETA of the next release cycle?

This happened to me as well. I don’t know what is going on internally at Webroot. I called the night before to a rep. and he was going to remote in because there were instructions for it, but unfortunately my OS was not behaving and prevented a completion. I called today, after fixing my OS of course, and a different rep. said you just need to uninstall Webroot. I tried to explain I’m just trying to finish what the rep. last night couldn’t finish. He seemed to be unaware of this thread and of this fix. Is the fix to just uninstall Webroot?

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@SebMoose22  I do not have an ETA on a the next release, but I would expect it to be next quarter after the new year. 

You should be able to get this workaround fix to work by contacting support like @Masterblaster73 shared.

@CodaRossa I am not aware of any cases that haven’t been able to resolve this issue after contacting support. Feel free to DM me your ticket number and I’ll be happy to find out more about what’s going on

I will update this thread as soon as I know more!

I spent an hour on the phone with support and after they had remoted to my PC they said I just need to uninstall Webroot whenever I want to play. Different results than what others have been saying here.

Yes, when is the next release cycle. I refuse to unistall. Please fix this ASAP! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Update, Webroot remotely did some testing on my computer and was able to get BF2042 running. They did this by turning a process off in their software but now with the logs they collected from me, they plan to have a fix pushed to all users soon. Thanks Webroot for your excellent help.

Hey Everyone,

I worked with @Masterblaster73 on a separate thread. To resolve this now you will have to contact support and have the support engineer remote onto your computer to provide a manual fix. You can do that here

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact

However, we are aware of this issue and it will be fixed for all users in an update next release cycle.

I am still having this issue.. This post says it solved but it does now share what processes they stopped. Can we please get an update on this?? 

I am having the same problem hope they fix it soon

Userlevel 1

@Masterblaster73  and @DCinSC  how about just shutting down WSA from the system tray Icon.

Tried that too.

Userlevel 4

Update, Webroot remotely did some testing on my computer and was able to get BF2042 running. They did this by turning a process off in their software but now with the logs they collected from me, they plan to have a fix pushed to all users soon. Thanks Webroot for your excellent help.

Userlevel 4

I am having the same issue. ever since the most recent Battlefield 2042 update, Webroot has not allowed the game to run. 

It’s everyone with WSA playing BF2042. I have not heard of 1 person that can play with this combination. The last patch broke the game. Webroot is going to need a strategy to deal with Epic’s Easy Anti-Cheat updates. Webroot is NOT listed on their Anti-Virus Compatibility Guide.

I am having the same issue. ever since the most recent Battlefield 2042 update, Webroot has not allowed the game to run. 

Userlevel 4

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Can you tell me the version your running? Is it v9.0.31.84?

https://community.webroot.com/home-product-releases-27/consumer-pc-agent-version-9-0-31-84-348726

Userlevel 4

@Masterblaster73  and @DCinSC  how about just shutting down WSA from the system tray Icon.

This doesn’t work. You must completely uninstall WSA.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@Masterblaster73  and @DCinSC  how about just shutting down WSA from the system tray Icon.

Userlevel 4

Adding it to the Allow List does nothing. We are waiting. ;-)

Yep, only a complete uninstall. And I experienced the exact same thing with an update to Back4Blood. Both these games use EAC. I hope Webroot fixes this in a way that resolves this issue with ALL games that update EAC.

Userlevel 1

Adding it to the Allow List does nothing. We are waiting. ;-)

Userlevel 4

Yes, Ticket 430431 sent to them Dec 9. Thank you.

The whole BF2042 community is waiting for their fix.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@Masterblaster73

Do you have a ticket number or the email you created the ticket with (DM me)? I can ping the support manager and have them take a look.