Solved

How do I learn about the infections that webroot is protecting my computer from

• 18 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hello.  I have had webroot secureAnywhere on my computer for about 6 months and it just started picking up infected files.  With other programs, I have been able to see which files were infected, where they were located and also get info about them.  With webroot, it just tells me that it has protected me from 6 files and it list the last one.

Latest threat removed from your devices:

Filename: MDX3DriverInstaller.exe
Malware type: Win32.LocalInfect.2

Thanks

Steve

icon

Best answer by DanP 22 April 2020, 15:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey @stevendennis ,

To access logs open WSA and click on the gear next to Utilities. Then select the Reportstab. There you will see the options to save either the threat log or scan log. Once you have chosen where to save log it will open for you to read.

Hope that helps,

Keenan

Badge +3

Hi Keenan,

Thanks for the help.  That was great.  It looks like this file happens to be something that is on a network drive that I have set for offline access, so windows is copying everything from the network drive to my computer that is running webroot.  This program is something that is distributed by a company that makes dental imaging software (this is a large company and their staff was responsible for installing their software on to our server at our hospital) so I am just wondering why this file is being flagged as a problem by webroot.  Could it really have a trojan as it is telling me?  Webroot will delete it from my computer, but because Windows is indexing the network drive, it copies it back once it sees that it was deleted so the loop continues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +35

Hi Keenan,

Thanks for the help.  That was great.  It looks like this file happens to be something that is on a network drive that I have set for offline access, so windows is copying everything from the network drive to my computer that is running webroot.  This program is something that is distributed by a company that makes dental imaging software (this is a large company and their staff was responsible for installing their software on to our server at our hospital) so I am just wondering why this file is being flagged as a problem by webroot.  Could it really have a trojan as it is telling me?  Webroot will delete it from my computer, but because Windows is indexing the network drive, it copies it back once it sees that it was deleted so the loop continues.

@stevendennis 

From what you’re describing it sounds like this could be a False Positive. Please Submit A Support Ticket and we can have a look. 

Thanks,

-Dan