Solved

How to fix: "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I am getting this error for webroot I can get it started if I press the F8 key on boot and disable the driver signing but soon as I reboot again I have the same problem. How can I fix it so web root will run with out hitting F8 everytime?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 5 August 2020, 16:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

The only thing I can suggest is make sure you have a copy of your Webroot  Product Key and the Webroot Installer,  Uninstall and Reninstall Webroot.

It has been a while since I uninstalled Webroot but if you get the option to remove User Data I would do that to be safe.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

The only thing I can suggest is make sure you have a copy of your Webroot  Product Key and the Webroot Installer,  Uninstall and Reninstall Webroot.

It has been a while since I uninstalled Webroot but if you get the option to remove User Data I would do that to be safe.

Tired that several time , didnt work . All other programs working just webroot a problem even installed a competitor and it worked

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @johnbor 

Do another clean reinstall and after a reboot and before installing check C:\ProgramData\WRdata and if it is there delete it, also it’s a hidden area and if you click on Run and do this and then look %ProgramData% for the WRData Folder.

Then reinstall WSA!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

I’m getting the same error on a windows 7 32bit machine.   cannot upgrade to 10 yet due to software installed.

I have tried all of the above without any soultion.  

I was able to get it installed by disabling driver signing but it will not run after a reboot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @jwinter 

Since you tried the above then it’s best to Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you sort it out.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue and support can take up to 48 hours to reply.

Thanks,

Badge +1

@johnbor , did you ever find a solution for this? I’m running into the same issue and it seems to be related to Windows 7 OS being out of date.

Hi Webroot Support,

I too am also facing this issue (OS: WIN 7 HOM PREM) and as a paying customer are you able to assist with the installation/support? 

I have completed all of the steps above as well as all articles relating to this error. 

I will now also proceed with completing a support ticket. 

Any help is appreciated 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @steiny121 

Since you tried the above it’s always best to Submit a Support Ticket as they have other tools and such and we can only do so much on the Community! Also Win 7 is still supported by Webroot:

Windows® 7 32- and 64-bit (all Editions), Windows 7 SP1 32- and 64-bit (all Editions)

Windows 8 32- and 64-bit

Windows 8.1 32- and 64-bit

Windows 10 32- and 64-bit

For more information click here.

Thanks,

Hello,

Webroot has provided a work around. 

They provided me with a XP installation file which worked a treat.

Responded within 24hrs also. Great to see they have some SLA’s!

As there is no upload option, I am unable to provide this file. (wsafnl.exe)

Resolution: Submit a support ticket..

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @steiny121 

Yes the download for XP or Server 2003 is: http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsafnl.exe

and the version will stay at v9.0.27.49 as far as we are told.

Thanks,

Hello @steiny121 

Yes the download for XP or Server 2003 is: http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsafnl.exe

and the version will stay at v9.0.27.49 as far as we are told.

Thanks,

Does anyone know if this is also the exe to user for Windows 2008 server?

Kr

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Thomasmile 

Can you tell me if it’s for the Consumer or Business version?

Windows Server®️ 2012 R2 Standard, R2 Essentials

Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation, Standard, Enterprise

Windows Small Business Server 2008, 2011, 2012

Windows Embedded Standard 2009 SP2

Windows Server®️ 2016 Standard, Enterprise and Datacentre

Windows Server®️ 2019 Standard Server with Desktop Experience

Windows Server®️ 2019 Datacenter Server with Desktop Experience

Standard Installer is needed and not the one I posted in the post above and it will continue to update and current version is v9.0.30.75!

This if you are a Consumer: https://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe

This if your a Business user: http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsasme.exe

Thanks,