Solved

How to stop Mcaffee and Norton virus warning popups

• 4 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Everytime I go on Google Chrome,  Mcaffee and Norton bombard me with at least 20  virus warnings that my computer is infected.  I must carefully close each screen by selecting the x in the middle of the screen on the right side.  I had my Geek Squad people remove the problem a week ago but it has returned.  It has obviously embedded itself into my PC.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 4 November 2022, 23:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @jeffc Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.

I would recommend getting in contact with Webroot Support with this problem. When you send a Support Ticket a log is generated automatically. Support can look at the log to sort the problem.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @jeffc 

Just to add to what @ProTruckDriver said try a great free Ad/Pop-up Blocker and most of us use this one: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm

And any other browsers there’s the same for them like Firefox and Microsoft Edge!

HTH,

Userlevel 6
Badge

It sounds like they might be spam messages, I would recommend going into the setting page and doing a browser reset, that will remove any notification access you may have granted to a website

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@TripleHelix suggestion of ublock origin is spot on. I’d also reset the entire browser, remove all extensions with the exception of ublock origin, the original chrome extensions, your password manager (hopefully you use one) and Webroot extensions.