Solved

I believe that Webroot is interfering with Steam

• 18 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

A couple months ago some of my steam games like Garry’s Mod and Unturned have had problems finding community servers, I checked if it was the Windows firewall, the Hardware, Steam itself, but I couldn’t find any solution even after redownloading Windows, so the only remaining thing I believe might be interfering with Steam is Webroot. I have seen some posts online about Webroot being overprotective, and so I decided to check to see if maybe Webroot is blocking Steam, but when I checked it to no avail, but personally I still believe it might have something to do with Webroot, anyone know a solution for this?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 18 March 2020, 01:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Leviathan 

With issues like this it’s best to Submit a Support Ticket as it might be a simple thing of getting some files whitelisted in the Webroot Cloud Database!

Thanks,

Badge +3

Hello @Leviathan 

With issues like this it’s best to Submit a Support Ticket as it might be a simple thing of getting some files whitelisted in the Webroot Cloud Database!

Thanks,

Thanks for the quick reply, I guess I’ll have to make a support ticket and hope its something that is easy to fix...

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Leviathan ,

Support deals with this issue somewhat often and it can usually be fixed in a matter of minutes. They have a quick way of figuring out which processes/files may need to be whitelisted.