Solved

I have the Win32.localinfect.2 on my computer but it won't come off

• 23 September 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I have the Win32.localinfect.2 on my computer but it won't come off. I’m 14 years old on an expensive PC my dad built, I’m using WebRoot antivirus but for some reason when I try to delete it with this antivirus it sort of like, adds more virus files to my PC, please please help me because from the research I've done the antivirus should do the work and this virus can be very very dangerous later on if I don’t do something about it.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 24 September 2020, 17:11

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Kubi 

You need to Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you as it could be a False Positive and if not they will clean it for you!

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue. A reply from Support should take from 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and the Webroot Employees are busy working from home.

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

Hello @Kubi 

You need to Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you as it could be a False Positive and if not they will clean it for you!

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue. A reply from Support should take from 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and the Webroot Employees are busy working from home.

Thanks,

Thank you sir

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

My Pleasure and please let us know the outcome! :wink:

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Thanks!

Will do :D I’ve sent the message and now we just have to wait

Userlevel 1

Thanks!

They’ve texted me back and I’m downloading the “WebRoot log collecting thing, I hope it works

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thanks!

They’ve texted me back and I’m downloading the “WebRoot log collecting thing, I hope it works

Yes WSAlogs.exe and they will get it sorted for you!

Thanks for the Update!

Userlevel 1

Thanks!

Thanks for the Update!

Well… so it worked but I had to uninstall and reinstall the app, it said it was clean for like a day but then it scanned again and it said the virus came back today, I’m not sure if this is false, but it’s quite odd that my least big file is lagging right now

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thanks!

Thanks for the Update!

Well… so it worked but I had to uninstall and reinstall the app, it said it was clean for like a day but then it scanned again and it said the virus came back today, I’m not sure if this is false, but it’s quite odd that my least big file is lagging right now

Yes it does sound odd but keep in contact with Webroot Support as they need to fix this for you!