Solved

Internet working but browsers are not.

  • 11 November 2021
  • 5 replies
  • 170 views

Userlevel 1

Revisiting this topic as fixes in previous posts are not working.

Just updated my two computers to lastest  available version.  Computer one doesn’t support windows 11 so got latest windows 10 home version.  Computer two got upgrade to windows 11.  But after connection issues, reverted to windows 10, but still has connection issues.

Ipad connects and browsers work so the modem appears to be ok.

The updates/upgrade put Windows Defender back in working mode.  (I think I had it disabled previously and just ran Webroot, but I’m not positive.) So had two firewalls and antivirus working.

Chrome, Firefox and Edge all have the same issue.

Made sure Defender allowed Chrome (couldn’t find firefox in the list).  Webroot was in protect mode for Chrome and Firefox.)  I think this mode allows traffic but monitors it closely.  I didn’t test changing these to allow.  But I did turn off Webroot and it still didn’t work so don’t think the protect/allow mode is relevant…….

Played with turning off webroot and turning on Defender.  Did restart.  I was able to access a few websites before it quit allowing access.  

Windows internet diagnostics couldn’t find anything.

Error messages vary.   ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED, ERR_TIMED_OUT, ERR_FAILED, are a few of the messages.    Although, Your connection was interrupted (ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED) seems to be the most frequent.

Also just tried typing “192.168.0.1” in URL window.  Nothing.  

 

Any ideas on how to fix this?

 

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 13 November 2021, 19:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Did turning Webroot off enable the internet connection again? 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the response.  I fought this problem for quite a while before giving it up to a professional.  Turns out is was NOT Webroot but another program called Adguard.  So thanks for taking time to respond.  The problem is resolved.

 

 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Lindak 

 

Yes there is a known issue between Webroot and Adguard but Webroot doesn’t know when a fix will be out to solve this, but please contact Webroot Support and ask them for v9.0.30.75 installer so you can run Adguard with Webroot until they find a fix.

 

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

or

Call 1-866-612-4227 during the week Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)

 

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

Thanks Triplehelix,

 

I will see what version I have and call support.

Thanks so much.

Lindak

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thanks Triplehelix,

 

I will see what version I have and call support.

Thanks so much.

Lindak

Your welcome and a support ticket is best and you can do it now. Make sure to ask for v9.0.30.75 installer. And keep an eye on a newer version that has a fix!

Reply