Solved

Is Webroot protect outlook attachments?

• 19 May 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Hi, Iam new to Webroot and hope ensure some aspects of this solution before switch from current one used.
I want to get Webroot Secure Everywhere and want to ensure if it protects emails reach outlook app from malicious in attachments by installing plug in or such that?
And is the Endpoint for business do that too?
I need to make a decision if this is suitable for me or not since using outlook as email client for business email and sometimes receive spam mails attached with malicious files
Thank you in advance
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 23 May 2019, 02:31

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17
I think you would be best to email Webroot with your questions so that you get an official answer to your questions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hi @MohammadEid , @SXR6 is right. You can contact our support team who will be able to walk you through this in far more detail than I can provide or submit a ticket if that's easier.

I think it's best that you get the most accurate information during your purchasing decision so that you find the best solution for your particular set of needs.

Thanks
Drew
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello @MohammadEid

WSA does not scan emails from email clients but be sure WSA will jump on a bad link or attachment if you run it with it's Realtime Shield and I personally use Outlook 2019 and I just disable Macros see here and never had any issues: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/enable-or-disable-macros-in-office-files-12b036fd-d140-4e74-b45e-16fed1a7e5c6

HTH,
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Actually, I've reported a support ticket from a while and still waiting the response for an issue faced with antivirus where it has alerted that there are infected files but couldn't resolve them.
as @TripleHelix I may manage macros now but I hoped to find an email client plug in but it is OK, I'll secure the email server and will find what can do with this.
Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Actually, I've reported a support ticket from a while and still waiting the response for an issue faced with antivirus where it has alerted that there are infected files but couldn't resolve them.
as @TripleHelix I may manage macros now but I hoped to find an email client plug in but it is OK, I'll secure the email server and will find what can do with this.
Thank you.

Maybe @freydrew or @LLiddell can look at your support ticket to see what's going on with that issue? Or you can call during the day at 1-866-612-4227

https://community.webroot.com/got-a-question-10/secureanywhere-was-unable-to-remove-threats-automatically-338744

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@MohammadEid not seeing a ticket under your email or either of your keycodes (beta or trial). Would you mind private messaging me your ticket number?