Solved

Missing Webroot icon from taskbar

• 16 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello, Recently my Windows 10 OS was corrupted but repaired. However, the Webroot icon in my taskbar is now gone. I’ve checked the Webroot site and it seems that I’m still covered but I’m not sure if Webroot will notify me when they’re running a scan on my system ( I prefer to see these pop-ups as they are reassuring).How can I get the icon back and will Webroot continue its notifications?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 16 January 2022, 15:51

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Right click on the arrow pointing up on the taskbar. Select taskbar settings at the bottom..  .

Scroll down to select which items appear on the taskbar & click.

Turn on Webroot in the list

Hello stevecosta, Thanks for your response. The Webroot  icon does not appear on my taskbar settings page. I have been able to put Webroot on the Start list. But I’m looking to get notifications from Webroot. So if I could  place Webroot on the notifications area of the taskbar, then would Webroot automatically know that I want notifications?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @byebyebirdie 

Please try a clean reinstall!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Go into Safe Mode and Delete these Folders if they are there!
  • C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • Boot back into normal mode
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Hello TripleHelix, Very helpful answer, but I had Geek Squad do this remotely as this was a little too complicated  for me to handle alone at my current level of  proficiency.  However you gave me good insight.  Thanks, byebyebirdie.