MS Teams Update being blocked by Webroot in Windows 10

• 18 December 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
MS Teams Desktop version Update is being blocked by Webroot for all of our Teams users. They all started getting prompted for the x64 update file. Is there a fix for this or do we have to add the program to exceptions? Id rather not have to add programs to exceptions exspecially a Microsoft Product. I would think this would be a white listed program already. Please let me know if there is a fix in the works for this? 

Thank you for any insight! 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
@, I've gone ahead & created a support ticket on your behalf with our Team. They'll be reaching out to you shortly by email, or you can always contact them by phone for immediate assistance: Business Technical Support: Call 1-866-254-8400 M-F 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM MT

Thanks for letting us know!
Badge +1
Thank you so much! I have reached out to Microsoft Engineers and they are stating this is a known issue with Webroot. Apparently its looking for an update file but its being blocked by Webroot. MS suggested I allow Teams through as an exception. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we just raved about how great an resource MS Teams was and the users are starting to use it more often. 

Cyndi 
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
@Are your Win10 machines running the Fall Creators update (build 10.0.16299), and if so, have you updated them all to 9.0.18.44 (which fixes a known issue with Webroot holding files open inappropriately)?

Let me know how it turns-out: I have some MS Teams users reporting the same issue.  At the moment they've got Webroot uninstalled, but I'm trying to get them to try it again using the 18.44 version. 
Badge +1
I wanted to Thank you for helping me to get the Teams issue Resolved! I had a group of testers and all tested fine. I have now pushed the update out to all users in our Admin Portal. Again, thank you very much for saving our Teams! :D
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
@Thanks for letting me know!  That'll help me convince my own Teams users to try it with the update. :catvery-happy:
Badge +1
My pleasure @! Our CEO just rolled out an Executive Teams Project that I helped support and push for and I wasnt looking very good. Thanks to the awesome support of Webroot for saving me!