Solved

multiple pc's on same security key

• 2 February 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

While i was on a help desk call to quicken, I was told I should have webroot to protect my computer. I could buy a lifetime subscr1ption for $249 plus tax for a total of $266.00. If I did not buy the subscription, the help desk call would be $99. The billing department told be the charge would be $299.99.
After I set up my account with webroot, I saw that 95 pc's were using the same security key. sa5c-ttbb-xxxx-xxxx-67da
The charge was processed through paypal. The company as Removed email address for privacy concerns!

icon

Best answer by TylerM 14 February 2022, 15:25

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@amaliao 

This was definitely NOT Quicken support and that is also a Best Buy keycode. I’m sorry but it sounds like you were scammed. Our support  is free and our subscriptions range from $30-60/year - we do not offer a “lifetime subscription” nor do we require you to buy a subscription to prevent a service call charge.

I’m sorry you had this experience. I just talked to our support manager and they’re happy to get you an official (not stolen) keycode free of charge. Just make sure you contact our support through the phone or ticket and please give us the full keycode so we can investigate and prevent this from happening to others.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Let me know if I can help further

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@TylerM 

This is how customer support SHOULD work. Kudos to OpenText/Webroot for helping this guy out.

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

This is how customer support SHOULD work. Kudos to OpenText/Webroot for helping this guy out.

@jhartnerd123 
Thanks! Always happy to help :)

Userlevel 1

I contacted support. They did not seem concerned that someone is selling a key code to multiple users. They did offer to transfer me to buy a new key code. I declined.  My ISP, Cox, provides McAfee for free. So I don't need it.  

The seller's response to my PayPal dispute was;

hi As first Things When We Use Admin console for Business We use the license that in one management console is maintain the All license .But Using the Things even After Resolution of the Issue .but we will refund your amount

I haven't received a refund.  The case is still pending. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I wonder if they are an MSP? https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/partners/msp-partner-program

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

I contacted support. They did not seem concerned that someone is selling a key code to multiple users. They did offer to transfer me to buy a new key code. I declined.  My ISP, Cox, provides McAfee for free. So I don't need it.  

The seller's response to my PayPal dispute was;

hi As first Things When We Use Admin console for Business We use the license that in one management console is maintain the All license .But Using the Things even After Resolution of the Issue .but we will refund your amount

I haven't received a refund.  The case is still pending. 

@amaliao 

The support manager I talked to said they would absolutely give you a free keycode and look into this matter. 

Can you DM me your email that you used when contacting support so I can escalate this?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

No that keycode has BB in it indicating Best Buy I’m pretty sure

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

No that keycode has BB in it indicating Best Buy I’m pretty sure

Thanks for the info!

Userlevel 1

PayPal gave me a refund.  I contacted PayPal support by phone.  They said this seller's account is restricted because of multiple disputes. 

Isn't there anything that webroot can do to prevent them from scamming more users? There are now 113 PCs.  18 more in 10 days!

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@amaliao 

Glad you were able to get a refund!

Our support manager Josh Cain is still offering to get you a free keycode and investigate the abused one. 

All you have to do is reply to your ticket or DM me the email you used to create the ticket. When you contacted support did you talk to a Josh Cain? 

We will need to make contact with you to confirm details to proceed with action on that abused keycode