Solved

Opera updates often blocked by Webroot

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
I do not know what's different and it's not every update, but often when Opera updates and I go to run it I get this error message. The error message "fixes" were useless as it turns out Webroot is somehow blocking the program.

I have confirmed that Webroot is the offender as I can run Opera just fine when I shut down protection.

Michael

icon

Best answer by SXR6 9 May 2019, 03:48

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17
I don't have the issue with Opera, Windows 10 64 Bit Pro and Webroot Secure Anywhere.

What heurestic setting are you using?
I am using "Enable enhanced heurestics ......."

I did have an issue a long time ago with another application and at that time was using maximum heurestics and was advised to use a lesser setting which fixed the issue.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
I don't have the issue with Opera, Windows 10 64 Bit Pro and Webroot Secure Anywhere.

What heurestic setting are you using?
I am using "Enable enhanced heurestics ......."

I did have an issue a long time ago with another application and at that time was using maximum heurestics and was advised to use a lesser setting which fixed the issue.

My heuristic setting is the same. I am using Opera 60.0.3255.83.
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
Same version number here 64Bit Build.
I upgraded about an hour ago.
Is Opera working now?
If not try lowering the heurestic setting.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
I'll try changing it to Standard. I also have infrared or whatever.

Okay it did not work. I will just leave Webroot shut down until the next update and hopefully it will work. This has been going on for half a year.
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
I have infrared enabled. If you disable heurestics still no go?
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Nope, I guess that's not the issue. Thanks for trying to help. I have no problems with any other browsers or programs.
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
Hopefully someone can find the solution.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Thanks, I know it doesn't affect everyone which is odd but am hoping I'm not alone so they can figure it out.
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
Michael here is old thread on an issue with Webroot and Opera.
https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-antivirus-12/opera-browser-won-t-launch-with-webroot-active-253285?sort=likes.desc
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Thanks I remember that thread, It's weird though since it doesn't affect all my builds, just certain ones. I'm going through the "Application Protection" section now as I see a bunch of Opera ones with "deny" on them. I'll report back.
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
Good luck.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Okay awesome, thanks again I think it's working now.

The offender was "opera_elf.dll" which was set to deny for some reason.
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
Good to hear it is fixed and thank you for getting back.
Userlevel 7
Hello @Michael Nelson, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. ☺️

If I may add, I would suggest submitting a Support Ticket. When you send in a Support Ticket, Webroot files automatically are sent to Webroot. They can tell you where the problem is using Opera. If you do send in a Support Ticket please let us now the outcome to help others on the forum. 😉

Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,
Dave.

EDIT: Glad you have it sorted @Michael Nelson ☺️
Userlevel 6
Badge +17
Hi Pro Truck Driver the issue is fixed.
Michael replied back it was an issue with Webroot Application Protection and an Opera DLL.
Beat me to it.
Cheers SXR6