Solved

Optimizer program keeps running and wont quit putting message blocks on my computer

• 4 September 2022
  • 2 replies

The Optimizer program runs all the time and leaves many message blocks on my computer that have to be deleted, saying the program is being run and will finish shortly but it never does. I cannot get it to stop this  even though I removed Webroot from my computer and reinstalled it. I am using Windows 10 and it is driving me crazy.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 5 September 2022, 20:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @KENW Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.

I would recommend getting in contact with Webroot Support with this problem.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @KENW 

Please try to uninstall and reinstall this way and if it doesn’t work then contact support like @ProTruckDriver has said!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Go into Safe Mode and Delete these Folders if they are there!
  • C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • Boot back into normal mode
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,